any-dl --- a tool for download any mediafiles
is intended to download mediafiles from any mediathek.
It's name is derived from tools like
youtube-dl (downloads videos from youtube),
arte-dl (downloads videos from ARTE-TV mediathek,
zdf-dl (downloads videos from ZDF mediathek),
and some other tools.
Because this tool is intended to be general / generic,
it got his name: intended to allow downloads from ANY
- any-dl 0.9.8 (new site parsers, enhanced parser-language, better handling of conf-files)
- any-dl 0.9.10 (new command line option "-ms" to add a sleep-time, when a bulk-get is performed)
- any-dl 0.9.12 (2014-06-18),
any-dl 0.9.12: md5sum
In short: many new features: if a get-command is followed by save-command, for
bulk-download, files will be saved directly after download, instead of
using RAM for it; more than one level of verbosity, ...
- any-dl 0.12.0 (2015-01-31),
any-dl 0.12.0: md5sum
So many changes, bug-fixes and enhancements during the updates from year 2014 to 2015,
that not all is mentioned here.
There is a lot of information in the git-repo (see commit-messages).
But one nice feature is the tagselect-command,
which allows extracting html-content based on DOM-description.
If picking one certain tag and atrribute is necessary, this is easily done now.
- any-dl 0.12.2 (2015-02-07),
- any-dl 0.14.0 (2015-03-19)
New in 0.14.0, since 0.12.0:
- completely switched to OCamlnet; curl not longer needed
- new command "download": directly writing data to disk (implemented and used)
- new command "urldecode": decode url's
- new parser "script-src": download script-src files (e.g. *.js)
- new parser "rbb", for http://www.rbb-online.de/
- new parser "DWN", for Deutsche Wirtschafts Nachrichten
- new parser as warapper for youtube-dl
- some parsers enhanced (e.g. subtitles for ARTE now added to filename)
- unused parser-definitons removed
- code refactored and cleaned up
- code from main.ml splitted into main.ml and evaluate.ml
- some commands (to_string, tagselect, dump) accept some more input-types
- grep/grepv-commands: accept argument-list now
- unnecessary messages to stderr removed
- some messages that formerly (verbose-)printed to stderr, now write to stdout
- parser "arte-guide" renamed to "arte-dl", which is more appropriate
- command tagselect: empty list (nothing found) not throwing an exception anymore.
It's just giving back empty list.
- using newer version of OCamlMakefile (from github)
- Makefile changed to get more warnings
...if you want to be very close to the current / up_to-date
release, you can follow me on github.
you can look at github here for any-dl.
Just found (2015-02-04): German article about any-dl,
from March 2013 (!):
Aktuelle Software im Kurztest
Didn't knew about this article for about two years...
Thu Mar 19 15:06:40 CET 2015